a loving son, husband, father, and a true best friend
If heaven and hell decide that they both are satisfied
Illuminate the no’s on their vacancy signs
If there’s no one beside you when your soul embarks
Then I’ll follow you into the dark
Death Cab for Cutie – I Will Follow You Into The Dark
This might be the 276178638732th time I’m writing about my father. There’s so much to tell about this special man of mine, and I will never get bored of retelling it, over and all over again.
It’s gonna be hard to have the best father in the world. Because the best one is already mine ♥
My father is no handsome like Brad Pitt, but he has this beautiful charm like Mahatma Gandhi. My father is no Bill Gates, but he has a very big, down-to-earth heart. He is the strongest man I know. He holds his tears, never lets them fall down, but I know deep inside sometimes he breaks down. Even when his father died, he held his tears. I knew that deep inside he screamed his lungs out, wanting him to be back again. He always teaches me to be a strong girl, not to cry, not to give up. Because hearts can break down, but life still goes on.
He is the only place I run to when I am confused, when I don’t know who I am. He may not understand what I say, what I tell him, but he understands what my heart screams for. He knows what I need the best. He knows what I love the best. He knows me best. He has this special ability to turn my bad days into special good days; just threw his smile.
His smile comforts me.
Te quiero, mi padre. I really do. These words don’t come from website, book, or song lyric. These words come straight from my heart, I love you.
When I was a baby
1. He cried when he first saw me.
2. He bought me everything I needed.
3. He smiled when he first heard our first word – even if it wasn’t DADDY.
4. He never gave up teaching me the simplest things.
When I am a teenager
5. He works days and nights, and never complains.
6. He still buys me everything I need.
7. He is never mad when my report card is on fire,
He smiles and says, “You will do better than this.”
8. He supports me in everything I do.
9. He comes to my tennis games and supports me like a mad-fan.
10. He still reminds me to have my breakfast, lunch and dinner so I’ll never skip them.
11. He sets my latest-hour to be out with my friends.
12. His smile makes me feel much better.
13. His hug can never be replaced by anyone else.
14. Even when he is tired, he still takes a moment of his time, goes to my room and sees me sleep.
15. He loves me for who I really am.
16. He keeps on calling when I don’t pick up the calls.
17. He never yells.
18. He never breaks his promises.
19. He is a good friend, someone whom you can tell your secrets too.
20. He never…. lets me down.
When I am a grown up
I know I can’t read mind, but I’m sure he’ll still do the same…
His love is everlasting and never-changing.
Even though sometimes you’re too overprotected and annoying, always know that:
I LOVE YOU FATHER.
I know you do these things because you never want me to get hurt.
And I know that….
Don’t ever leave me. Ever.
My dream is… having you to give me away in my own wedding. :)